Monday, October 27, 2008

Awards and A Challenge

Awards are always so fabulous to receive. It lets you know people are reading your blog and you're not making a complete fool of yourself. Blogging is meant to be fun and a way of sharing your passion with others who are like-minded. I have made many lovely friends while blogging and for the kindness shared and shown, I thank you. I love you guys.

AWARDS

From Ivy at Kopiaste, To Greek Hospitality. Thank you Ivy, I absolutely love your blog. Thank you my friend.

I pass this award on to:

Ramya from The Spice Rack. Ramya's blog is filled with all sorts of fascinating information about spices and foods we use everyday. Stop by her blog and learn a thing or two. I've been going there for some time now because I learn something new everytime I visit.
************************************************
From Reeni at Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice. This award goes to baby blog - Mexican Chocolate Lore and More. Reeni is just the sweetest lady. And if you haven't been by her blog to vote for her entry in the Iron Cupcake Challenge...Do So NOW.

I pass this award onto:

Tina at Mommy’s Kitchen. I love Tina’s blog. Every recipe she posts is comfort food to me. She loves the down home cooking style and I really appreciate that.
*************************************************

From Gloria at Cookbook Cuisine. This award also goes to baby blog. Gloria is a friend and mentor. I make an attempt to learn something new everytime I read her writing blog. I can hardly wait to meet her in person one day and get falling down drunk with her on Chocolate Margaritas and Cafe Kahlua.

This award goes to HappyCook fom My Kitchen Treasures. Happy cook has a very elegant and professional looking site that I enjoy visiting. Go check it out, you'll see what I mean.
**************************************************

AND NOW, FOR SOME MORE FUN!!!


Gloria from Cookbook Cuisine passed this challenge on to me after getting it from Camille, at Croque-Camille, Follow along and join us on our phenomenal gathering of the feast.

OK, Gloria, we’re stranded on a desert (deserted) island. But what if we get stranded on a “desserted island”? HA! Five glorious foods to bring to my desserted island:

1. Mexican Chocolate: (or just plain chocolate as long as you can find the spices in the middle of nowhere). With Mexican Chocolate you can make a delicious mole depending on whether you can catch a wild bore or wild turkey; a thirst quenching drink by crushing the chocolate, mixing it with spring water, flavoring it with honey found in a hive on one of ridges just past the shore and heating it over a campfire; a decadent dessert of chocolate covered wild strawberries, also found on this island.

2. A giant bottle of Tequila. Together with your KAHLUA we won’t worry too much about being saved quickly.

3. Tortillas and marshmallows so that we can make dessert (for our desserted island) of chocolate and marshmallows quesadillas – again over a campfire. I’m assuming one of us will have a lighter. If not, then Gloria can rub two sticks together until she can get a spark.

4. Pinto Beans. We can make nachos with chile harvested off of chile plants we find growing in the wild along with the tortillas I’m bringing and cooked, mashed pinto beans.



5. More coffee because you can never have too much. And the way I drink it, Gloria would probably beat me with a stick if I decided to take hers.

You asked for burritos. Well, we can make mole burritos with the wild bore we capture, or we can make refried bean burritos, or we can make CHOCOLATE burritos – hey, why not??

So now, I’m going to tag:
Michele from Lightly Salted (http://www.lifelightlysalted.com/)
Ivy from Kopiaste to Greek Hospitality (http://kopiaste.blogspot.com/)
Arlene from the Food of Love (http://arlene-thefoodoflove.blogspot.com/)
Prudence from the Glass Slipper Cakery (http://glassslippercakery.blogspot.com/)
Maria from Kali Orexi (http://kalisasorexi.blogspot.com/)
Foodycat from Foodycat (http://foodycat.blogspot.com/)

Together we should get a grand assortment of foods for the feast. So whether you come to a desert island, deserted island or (my preference) a desserted island, come prepared to pig out and enjoy, maybe even get a little tipsy too.
Hasta Luego.
********************************
Mexican Word of the Day: Sodas
My vieja complains a lot and so-das her sister!!

13 comments:

Gloria Chadwick said...

Teresa, You're hilarious! LOL. I think you've already sipped a bit too much tequila. :)
I KNEW you'd do a "desserted" island!
I would never beat you with a stick, not even a fiery one, if you drank all my coffee. I'd just very quietly steal your coffee while you were sleeping. Then you wouldn't have any coffee when you woke up and that would make you crazy--so much so that you'd run all over the island searching for a coffee tree. Gotta have coffee...

Esi said...

Congrats on your award! I love your list of things you would have on the island. That sounds like an island I may not want to leave :)

Reeni said...

Thanks for mentioning me and Iron Cupcake. I love all your ingredients for the 'desserted' island. I want to be on yours. I almost missed the Mexican word of the day, you are too funny!

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Teresa that was a thoughtful award and you did send it across to me with right validations and adding value to my work. Its really a pleasure that I happened to get this award from you. Thanks for the recognition and your post did make me feel elated.

Gloria Chadwick said...

Now I KNOW you're drinking the tequila, but you're not sipping it, you're chugging it! Your last comment on my blog had me rolling on the floor laughing! :) I know you would never steal my Kahlua even after I stole your coffee because then all your chocolate would disappear! And while you were mourning the loss of your chocolate, your pinto beans would "magically" appear on my new chili blog. (There, I spilled the beans about my Sunday Surprise!) Hugs. Love ya, my favorite foodie friend!

Gloria Chadwick said...

Teresa, Your contingency plan is lovely, but I was stranded there first and I've already scouted the hiding places for my stash of coffee and Kahlua before I invited you on the island. I wanted you to think I had only one bottle of Kahlua; I wasn't going to tell you about the Kahlua factory on the other side of the island, right next to the magic food machine that cooks me a char-broiled hamburger every day.
I think the other foodies are going to either vote us off the island and throw us out to sea on a make-shift raft unless we fess up to where our stash of really good food is or leave us behind when they get rescued. If that happens, I'll show you where the Kahlua factory is and we can get falling-down drunk together, but for now, it's my little secret. :)

Ivy said...

Teresa, I would be in Heaven if I was left on a "desserted" island. Thanks for tagging me, it sounds fun and hope to do it soon.

Finla said...

Congrats on your awards and thankyou for passing one to me.
Loved reading aobut the desset challange, for the chocolate and the tequilla, i would love to be stranded with you too then :-)

Michele said...

I'll post my responses on tomorrow's blog. But I'm telling you if I get stuck on an island with tequila and pinto beans...someone else better bring a big bottle of beano!

Unknown said...

Theresa!! LOL!!! 5 things, hum.... I am going to have to think about that one!! I know one will be a giant bottle of vodka. Can't live without it. Hee, hee...

Adam said...

Congrats on your awards Teresa! I can't believe you made a Bonanza joke on my blog... I was thinking of going that route but didn't think anyone would get it. I guess great minds think alike :)

Nice choices for the dessert island. Chocolate, tequila and beans is quite the combo. That's sure to bring laughs and smiles from all around :)

Arlene Delloro said...

Teresa, kudos on your awards and thanks for "tagging" me. I'm going to post my 5 foods when I post my next Daring Bakers' challenge--end of this week. Your "desserted" island sounds livable, to be sure.

FOODalogue said...

I can't compete with the humor in your post and from these comments -- anyway, not this early in the morning. So I'll just offer hearty congratulations on a well-deserved award. Qué siga la fiesta!